<$BlogRSDURL$>
Sarah's Travel Blog
Friday, May 28, 2004
 
sarah has visited the city of nairobi.I am osmond,i have been taking her around. I am a kenyan.I am in university. I hope to visit America one day. My email is:osmondmose@yahoo.com

Hi everyone, at this point, you have probably guessed that i have arrived in Kenya safely. I was sick for some time with flu, but I seem to be recovering well. I am staying with Dr. monda's family, and he lives in a community of doctor housing, so if I were to get sick anywhere it is good to get sick here. Today he is busy though, taking out somebody's spleen. Richard's family is treating me like royalty, although I have managed to help with the dishes a few times... In the mornings at 4 or 5am, a very very loud call to worship wakes me, and I finally opened the curtains to learn that the mosque is about 25 feet away, and the speakers are pointed at the bedroom window. This happens 4 times a day, and the house shakes with sounds of arabic. Actually, the man singing has a very nice voice except the speakers are blaring it so loudly, that you can't really hear it. On Wednesday night, Gladys prepared an enormous feast of rice, ugali, chapati, meat, managu, peas, and pudding (fruit salad). The next day, I went to town to change money and get a cell phone (P.S. You may all feel free to call anytime -- it doesn't cost that much for a few minutes 011 254 735 805 379) I can also accept SMS messages on that number, but I haven't been able to send them. This morning I took a very very hot shower from a jug, and ate some breakfast. Gladys made some donuty things that were yummy and now I'm going to see some more of nairobi with my personal tour guide and nairobi expert and exceptional laundry washer and business student friend Osmond. Talk to you all later Love, sarah

Powered by Blogger