<$BlogRSDURL$>
Sarah's Travel Blog
Saturday, June 12, 2004
 
Hello everyone! I have just returned from Maasai Mara national park where despite the interesting vehicular conditions I saw some wildlife. Here are some excerpts from my journal over the past few weeks: "Last night I arrived at Kikuyu town by bus and Richard's brother Achira was there to meet me. We went by matatu to his house -- it was the most uncomfortable matatu ride ever because there was a man who was transporting a windshield for a car sitting next to me, and my legs were crammed up against the engine which was very hot, and I thought it was going to burn me." "I'm riding down a dirt road (not really road) in a 1973 Fiat that looks like it was part of the offensive in World War three. They have fixed the broken windshield with stickers, and tried to put the dashboard back together with silver spray paint. Smoke is coming into the car through the floor which seems like my foot may go through at any moment." "I am sitting around the fire with a bunch of Maasai, and the man sitting next to me has hung his earlobes over his ear which looks like a weaving. The other man is very tall and thin, and he has huge buck teeth, when he coughs he sounds like a little girl. He has only offered me 10 cows to become his second wife, whereas yesterday in the bar I was offered more than 100. But that was to become a sixth wife to a very old man who had a lot of cows." Anyway, my trip to Maasai Mara was, well, adventurous, the Canadians I was with referred to it as the "Safari from hell" but I think that overall it was an interesting life experience.

Powered by Blogger