<$BlogRSDURL$>
Sarah's Travel Blog
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
 
As you may know, we had a 6.7 earthquake last night!!!
We were sitting around the computer watching dodo's film when the house started shaking. Fred asked, “what's that??” I immediately said, “it's an earthquake!” As I lept from my chair into the doorway and advised Dodo and Fred to do the same. Fred said, “wow this is a big one it's probably a three or so!”. I responded, “Nope it's got to be at least a five or more.” At this point 6red and Dodo remembered that I was Californian. So as the rest of the island was trying to figure out what was going on, I was saying, “Get away from the windows and into a doorway!!”. The iguanas are unfazed. It is super windy today and everyone is staying close to home. Fred has taken the day off for the first time in ten days to go do film stuff with Dodo. I felt guilty when I had to wake him at 6:30 to ask where the truck keys were. The phone company here has invited me to have drinks with other blackberry users. I think I want to go and ask about Fred's land line service. They are trying to get everyone to go wireless by not installing phone lines that were downed in the hurricane. Oh about the earthquake...there was no damage reported, but that's because any building that wasn't in bedrock, already fell down in the hurricane. When there's nothing left standing to fall down, earthquakes don't do much! --Sarah

Powered by Blogger