<$BlogRSDURL$>
Sarah's Travel Blog
Sunday, January 07, 2007
 
Ahhh sun sand surf. I was unable to get out of bed in time for breakfast, so I went walking around town. On my way back, I ran into some guys I met on the beach from New York. We had lunch together -- I had steamed Yuca balls with fish inside and salad. It rocked. We then went to the beach where we met up with a Puerto Rican nutritionist who showed us around. We might go out marengue dancing later. Tomorrow I am heading to isla culebra to camp and maybe dive. While we were at the bar -- I skipped over some of that part...there were the most beautiful rainbows. It soon started to pour and we all headed for cover. We were under the shelter and the wind changed and blew the rain right at us, so we all four jumped onto the bar at the same time. This prompted shouts of "Yeah baby take it off" from the other people seated. We remained on the bar until the rain stopped. While on the bar, we took photos of ourselves hanging from the pole holding up the ceiling that went through the bar. I LOVE being a hag. I often forget that the beginning of the trip is hard. For the first 24 hours, feelings of loneliness, disorientation, and shyness kick in. You cannot be shy and be a solo traveller. It doesn't work. Being a solo traveller however is a way to help get over shyness. I have only made seven friends so far in the 48 hours that I have been here. That's actually a lower count than usual. If you want to be really active while travelling, five a day is a good number. Just like eating fruits and vegetables. I hope I don't have internet access tomorrow. I also hope someone doesn't steal my computer.

Get this. Walgreens here sells coffee granola bars!!!!!!!!!! They have actual beans in them. I was looking for a sleeping bag and settled on large beach towels that were 4 for $10. I suppose I could sew them into a sack if I wanted. I hope there are other people camping that are friendly. I couldn't bring my stove on the plane. Must rent scooter and buy charcoal.

Powered by Blogger